The 2015 Wisden – MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year competition, in association with J.P. Morgan will be judged by:
• Chris Smith (Chairman of the Judging Panel) has been Chief Sports Photographer for various newspapers, including, for over 30 years, The Sunday Times. During this time he has covered every major event in the sporting calendar, in a diverse range of sports such as rugby, football, horse-racing, cricket, athletics, sailing and boxing. Chris has been British Sports Photographer of the Year four times, and winner of the Sports Picture of the Year award twice.
• Nigel Davies was Art Director of The Cricketer magazine (formerly The Wisden Cricketer and Wisden Cricket Monthly) from 1997 - 2015.
• Patrick Eagar is widely recognised as the doyen of cricket photography. After over forty years of covering the sport, he announced his retirement at the conclusion of the 2011 season. During his professional career he photographed 325 Test matches all around the world and has published thirteen books.
• Bob Thomas is owner and chairman of Popperfoto and has been a sports photographer since 1976 covering a wide range of international events including the Olympics, six Football World Cups and five European Football Championships. He has won the British Sports Photographer of The Year Award and the Fuji Sports Picture of the Year.
• Kevin Cummins Music photographer Kevin has been published in seven monographs and exhibited worldwide. His photographs are in the permanent collections of many galleries including the V&A and the NPG in London. He was awarded an honorary doctorate (arts) by Manchester Metropolitan University in July 2015.
Patrick Eagar on what makes a great cricket photograph