Quick wickets for Liam Plunkett and Stuart Broad in the final session kept the second Investec Test match finely balanced after an absorbing second day's play at Lord's.
Full match scorecard
Plunkett removed Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli in successive deliveries in an inspired spell, the latter bowled first ball shouldering arms to one which nipped back up the slope.
Broad then removed first innings centurion Ajinkya Rahane with a sharp bouncer, though replays showed the ball actually came off the batsman's arm guard before looping into the air and being caught by Matt Prior.
Opener Murali Vijay stood firm at the other end though, reaching his half century late in the day and together with captain MS Dhoni reached the close to ensure India enter the fourth day in a strong position
- Liam Plunkett's first Test half-century and 39-run 10th wicket partnership with James Anderson helps England to a 24-run first-innings lead
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar joins the list of India bowlers to have taken five-wickets at Lord's, finishing with figures of 6/82 in his first appearance at the Home of Cricket
- Joe Root takes stunning catch to remove Shikhar Dhawan, but Pujara and Vijay put on 78 as the visitors began to build a strong lead
- England's seamers begin to extract some extra pace and bounce in the evening session however, with Plunkett and Broad's wickets keeping their hopes alive
- MS Dhoni rides his luck, but together with Vijay - whose 50 took 162 balls - they weather the late storm and negotiate their way to the close at 169/4 - a lead of 145
- Full day's play, despite warnings of heavy thunderstorms