- Corruption, the Decision Review System, the Laws of Cricket, and the context of international cricket on a fifteen point agenda
- First meeting for new MCC World Cricket Committee member Jimmy Adams
- Media statements to be issued on the afternoon of Wednesday 27th February
A meeting of the MCC World Cricket Committee (WCC) will be held at the Sky City Grand Hotel, Auckland on Monday 25th February and Tuesday 26th February 2013.
It will be the first meeting attended by former West Indies Test captain Jimmy Adams, and it is the first time that the WCC will have met in New Zealand, coinciding with England’s tour to the nation.
The meeting will be chaired by Mike Brearley, and among the main items on the agenda are:
- Corruption in cricket
- The context for international cricket
- The Laws of Cricket and associated research
- The Decision Review System – including presentations from Ian Taylor (the creator of Virtual Eye) and Warren Brennan (the inventor of Hot Spot)
- Women’s cricket
- In addition, Chief Executive of New Zealand Cricket, David White, will present to the committee.
Statements from the meeting will be issued to the media on the afternoon of Wednesday 27th February 2013 (GMT).
Notes to editors:
- Established in April 2006, the MCC World Cricket committee is an independent voice in world cricket, free from considerations of politics, money and race. It meets twice yearly.
- The committee’s debates and decisions are made solely in the interest of cricket and its players.
- The committee is empowered to conduct research, particularly into technological advances and bio-mechanical elements of the game. MCC funds this work as part of its commitment to develop cricket worldwide.
- Every member of the committee should have up-to-date experience of cricket currently played at a professional level.
- Members are invited primarily because of their continued close involvement in the game, for example, current Test cricketers and umpires, media broadcasters and journalists, and cricket administrators.
- Eight of the ICC Full Member nations are represented on the committee.
- Membership of the committee is voluntary and unpaid.
The full list of committee members is as follows (those in italics are not able to be present at the Auckland meeting):
- Mike Brearley (Chairman)
- Jimmy Adams
- Mike Atherton
- Geoffrey Boycott
- Steve Bucknor
- Martin Crowe
- Rahul Dravid
- Charlotte Edwards
- Majid Khan
- Anil Kumble
- Rod Marsh
- Shaun Pollock
- Barry Richards
- David Richardson
- Kumar Sangakkara
- Michael Vaughan
- Steve Waugh
For clarification of any details relating to media arrangements, please contact:
MCC Head of Media & Public Affairs
Tel: 020 7616 8523
Mobile: +44(0)7876 746038