A Chef Apprenticeship position is available at the home of cricket allowing you to develop your culinary skills in a fast-paced major event kitchen. This will include the preparation of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting and desserts. You will learn basic kitchen skills, food hygiene, health & safety, storage, and cleaning. You will assist chefs with achieving targets set by the Club in a variety of kitchen environments (Main Kitchen, Cold production, Pastry and Tavern Pub).
You will undertake your Commis Chef – Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship with Westminster Kingsway College.
MCC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, and or other legally protected status.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Flexible to the needs of the job/industry
- Willing to learn
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs
- Be respectful to all MCC staff and visitors
- Actively promote teamwork by supporting others and sharing knowledge
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way
- To be aged 16 or older
All applicants must have an interview and assessment in English and Maths to meet apprenticeship standards
Full details can be found within the Job Profile via this LINK
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
- We make informed decisions
- We cut out inefficiency and complexity
- We ensure that everything we do looks, sounds and feels high quality
- We are welcoming hosts to people of all cultures and backgrounds
- We pride ourselves on impeccable manners
- We work with other organisations for the good of the game
- We set our own high standards
- We constantly seek out better ways of working
- We encourage people to be imaginative in their work
Skills and ability testing may form part of the selection process. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the interview/section process, please mention this in a covering email/letter.
Please submit your CV and a covering email/letter, stating salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org