Lord’s Cricket Ground, owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) is the most famous cricket ground in the world, and generally known as the ‘Home of Cricket’.
We are seeking a highly experienced building services engineer with a proven track record of managing estates building services and facilities preferably – but not essentially – of a sport stadia/ facility/ venue. Positive, driven and a natural collaborator, you will possess excellent communication and management skills with the intellectual confidence to succeed in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Estates Manager, you will be a senior member of the Estates Department responsible for continuing to deliver the culture of exceptional service at Lord’s, focussed on enhancing Members and spectators’ experience and be part of the team with ambitious and dynamic plans for the future of Lord’s and the delivery of a £200m ground development project over the next 12 years. You will also co-ordinate the Club’s Sustainability programme.
Required Skills & Experience
- Electrically biased with a good understanding of building services, ideally familiar with BMS systems and controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of planned and reactive maintenance operations
- Detailed understanding of Health and Safety especially in the maintenance, construction and contractor management contexts
- Asset Register compilation and management
- Team management and technical delivery ideally in a sporting environment
- A recognised engineering qualification ideally in electrical systems.
- Planning and Organizational ability
- Motivational and leadership skills
- Relationship building and Customer Service
- Communication, including presentation ability
- Flexibility in approach, style and working hours
- Reliability and commitment to continual improvement
- Calmness under pressure
- Approachable, friendly and sensitive to business needs within a world renowned sporting venue
- Empathy with private Members’ Club culture
Values & Behaviours
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form past of the selection process
Please clik here for the full job profile
All applications should include a CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations for this role