Lord’s Cricket Ground, the home of cricket and owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (“MCC”), is renowned worldwide for staging international cricket matches with up to 28,500 spectators in attendance. Lord’s is a stunning venue steeped in history and charm. From the grandeur of the Long Room in the Grade II* listed Pavilion, to the modernity and style of the J.P. Morgan Media Centre, the Ground offers a dazzling array of possibilities for events of all types.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Catering Team for a Catering Retail Operations Manager to work alongside an established operations team at the forefront of premium catering service delivery across all events. With a diverse offering across the ground ranging from 23 bars, 10 food outlets, in house barista coffee shop, 150 seater match-day restaurant, 100-1500 capacity staff feeding area and up to 8 different 3rd party suppliers including hampers.
This role is an all-encompassing role where you need to love your job and have a real passion for food, drink and excellent service delivery. It’s a fast paced, varied business, often dealing with senior executives of the Club along with its Member’s so we are looking for someone that thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment. You will need to be a strong manager that is able to motivate a team and understand the challenges of a commercial account.
- To manage the day to day coordination and operations on match day and non-match day experiences.
- Responsible for FOH service, standards and operation.
- To effectively manage sales, GP Margins, Labour and other variables.
- To work together with the kitchen team with product innovation and operational delivery along with allergen and dietary training.
- To be the focal point for match day briefings and FOH training.
- To be an identifiable leader within the Catering team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have experience in a similar role within a high volume, food and beverage led business.
- Must possess knowledge of food and beverage trends within the industry.
- Clear ability to engage, inspire and motivate a large casual management and worker team.
- Demonstrate a commercial experience to identify upsell opportunities.
- Clear and concise communicator at all levels.
- Standards driven, quality and service focused.
- High street or stadia retail experience desirable.
- Solid demonstration of managing a labour budget.
- Ability to maximise bottom line delivery with general cost control.
- A strong logistical and technical understanding within a multifaceted business.
- Level 3 in Food Hygiene is also preferred.
Values and behaviours
In line with the Club’s Values, you will demonstrate:
- A positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role
- Responsibility for your own actions and outputs
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy to the Club’s staff and visitors
- Promote teamwork by supporting others and sharing knowledge
- Deliver high quality work and service in a timely manner
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
Please click here for the full job profile
Applications should include a cv and covering letter, which should state your salary expectations for this role