Contract type: Casual / Zero Hours’ Contract
Rate of pay dependent on skills and experience
Marylebone Cricket Club (the Club) is the world’s most active cricket club, custodian of the Laws of Cricket and is also the owner of Lord’s Ground, affectionately known as the “Home of Cricket”. The MCC and Lord’s brands are renowned worldwide and are synonymous with excellence, prestige and providing an enjoyable customer experience, whether at an international cricket match with 28,500 spectators, or events.
Housed within Lord’s ground, The Lord’s Indoor Cricket Centre is London's premier indoor cricket destination and one of the finest facilities of its kind in the world. The Centre offers one-to-one coaching, runs 2-day holiday and half-term courses and has almost 500 students aged between 4 and 15 attending our term-time group classes.
As the number of girls taking part in our classes has increased, MCC wants to increase its pool of female coaches to support its ECB safeguarding obligations of having female and male coaches for mixed classes, as well as providing role-models for others. There may also be opportunities to coach pupils from local schools as part of the Club’s community engagement programme both on and off site. Male coaches are also able to apply for casual coaching opportunities as well.
MCC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, and or other legally protected status.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Valid safeguarding and first aid certificates, as well as being DBS cleared
- Minimum ECB Level 2 coaching qualification (or overseas equivalent)
- Experience of coaching groups of children is essential; experience of adult coaching and 1-to-1 sessions is desirable
- An excellent rapport with adults and particularly children, with the ability to deliver enjoyable coaching sessions
- A flexible approach to working hours and content, including evenings and weekends
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
- We make informed decisions
- We cut out inefficiency and complexity
- We ensure that everything we do looks, sounds and feels high quality
- We are welcoming hosts to people of all cultures and backgrounds
- We pride ourselves on impeccable manners
- We work with other organisations for the good of the game
- We set our own high standards
- We constantly seek out better ways of working
- We encourage people to be imaginative in their work
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
To view this job profile, please click here
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, stating salary expectations, for the attention of Saima Hussain, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 May