Lord’s Cricket Ground, owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) is the most famous cricket ground in the world, and generally known as the ‘Home of Cricket’.
We are seeking a highly experienced Health & Safety professional with a proven track record of managing Health & Safety preferably – but not essentially – of a sport stadia/ facility/ venue. Positive, driven and a natural collaborator, you will possess excellent communication and management skills with the intellectual confidence to succeed in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Assistant Secretary (Estates) at Executive Board Level, you will be a senior member of the Estates Department reporting on a daily basis to the Estates Manager. Your remit for the delivery of an exceptional safety culture will be across the entire organisation including occupational health & safety, building and estates, catering and food safety. You will be a senior member of the organisation responsible for continuing to deliver the culture of exceptional service at Lord’s, focussed on enhancing Members and spectators’ experience and be part of the team with ambitious and dynamic plans for the future of Lord’s and the delivery of a £200m ground development project over the next 12 years.
Required Skills & Experience
- Detailed professional practice of Health and Safety in the maintenance, construction and contractor management contexts.
- Experience of producing Health & Safety policies and related documentation to a high standard.
- Experience of dealing with contractors and suppliers.
- High level of initiative, with administrative and organisational ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tact, discretion, patience, assertiveness and the ability to work quickly under pressure, maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- IT literate, including MS Office.
- High standard of personal presentation.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet the requirements of major matches and events at Lord’s.
- Participate as a team player within Estates and the broader MCC organisation.
- Engage in cross-department interaction and networking with external organisations as appropriate to foster innovation and best practice for the greater benefit of MCC.
- NEBOSH Diploma or higher
- IOSH qualified to write and review risk assessments and method statements
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety & Occupational Health & Safety
- CDM Principal Designer Certificate (approved by RoSPA/ CPD Certification Scheme etc)
- Planning and Organizational ability
- Motivational and leadership skills
- Relationship building and Customer Service
- Communication, including presentation ability
- Flexibility in approach, style and working hours
- Reliability and commitment to continual improvement
- Calmness under pressure
- Approachable, friendly and sensitive to business needs within a world renowned sporting venue
- Empathy with private Members’ Club culture
Values & Behaviours
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form past of the selection process
Please clik here for the full job profile
All applications should include a CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations for this role