Job Title: Membership Office Assistant
Department: Membership Office
Reporting to: Membership Office Manager
Dimensions of Role
Monday to Friday, 09.30 - 17.30.
Total of 35 hours working week, excluding one hour unpaid lunch on each day worked.
Key Purpose of Role
To undertake general office duties and support the Membership Office team with their daily tasks.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Dealing with telephone and face-to-face enquiries from either the Club’s Members or members of the General Public in connection with subscriptions, different categories of membership and the Candidates’ Waiting List.
- General office duties: opening the post; checking obituaries in the Daily Telegraph; photocopying; filing; ordering headed paper and other stationery. Ensuring stationery is well stocked.
- Process subscription payments (cheques; cash and cards).
- Archiving Membership Office paperwork in line with GDPR.
- Assisting members of the Membership Office team with administrative duties, especially where spikes of workload occur.
- Assisting with Upgrades; new Members’ passes; temporary passes and replacement passes on match days.
- Liaising and helping in other departments when required.
This job profile is not an exhaustive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job profile and duties might be amended as the job evolves in light of the needs of the business and/or at the discretion of management.
Variations of job relating to Major Matches
- Attend at all Major Match days, with extended hours as appropriate, including weekends. Lieu days are earned for each weekend day worked.
- Any other duties as required whether in the Department or elsewhere around the Ground.
Values and Behaviours
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards within the office.
Health and Safety
- At all times be responsible for the safety of yourself and others through adherence to MCC (and legal) safety rules and procedures.
- To report any unsafe practices, equipment or circumstances as appropriate.
- Wearing of any required protective clothing and equipment.
- Comply fully with relevant security policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with fire procedures and evacuation procedures and be prepared to operate when/if trained as a Fire Warden.
Person Specifications, Skills & Qualifications
- Numerate and be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word; Excel and Outlook (essential).
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and multi-task.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- High standard of personal presentation and professionalism.
- Proficiency when dealing with telephone and face-to-face enquiries.
- Flexible with regard to completing different tasks.
- Good written communication and customer service skills.
- Flexibility with working hours as required (including Major Matches).
- Previous experience of working in a customer-facing role.
- Interest in cricket.
To view the job profile for this role, please click here. Membership-Office-Assistant-April-2019.pdf