Marylebone Cricket Club (“the Club”) is the world’s most active cricket club, custodian of the Laws of cricket and is also the owner of Lord’s Ground, affectionately known as the “Home of Cricket”. The MCC and Lord’s brands are renowned worldwide and are synonymous with excellence, prestige and providing an enjoyable customer experience, whether at an international cricket match with 28,500 spectators, or for Sunday Afternoon Tea in the Long Room.
An opportunity has arisen within the Club Facilities Department for a Receptionist to carry out general office duties.
Duties include handling telephone queries, monitoring visitors, booking couriers services and taxis.
Required Skills and Experience
You will need to have excellent customer service skills, be well presented, with a professional telephone manner and strong communication skills, both written and spoken. In addition, good IT skills, including MS Office are a must.
A flexible approach to working hours is also essential, particularly during the cricket season as you will be required to work extended hours on all match days, including weekends and public holidays. Knowledge of the game of cricket is essential.
Values & Bahaviours
In line with the Club’s culture, you will demonstrate:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
Please click here for the full job profile
All applications shoudl include a CV and covering letter stating your salary expectations for the role