Marylebone Cricket Club (“the Club”) is the world’s most active cricket club, custodian of the Laws of Cricket and is also the owner of Lord’s Ground, the “Home of Cricket”. The MCC and Lord’s brands are renowned worldwide and are synonymous with excellence, prestige and providing an enjoyable customer experience, whether at an international cricket match with 28,500 spectators, or for Sunday Afternoon Tea in the Long Room.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to join the Retail and Merchandising Department on a zero hour contract as a Retail Assistant.
Our main retail operation trades all year round - with additional in-Ground shops operating throughout the summer months. All shops offer a wide range of sport and leisure clothing, replica playing kit, souvenir merchandise and gifts for everyone – purchases made as a memento of a great Lord’s experience.
This position is primarily a shop floor-based role and an integral part of the retail operations team. You will be helping support the in-Ground retail shops and stockroom functions to ensure efficiency and profitability. Occasional weekend working where, after a period of training, opportunities can become available to take on operational responsibilities.
• Excellent customer service skills with a guest focussed attitude
• Punctual and willing to be flexible
• Confident, outgoing and enthusiastic
• Trustworthy, hardworking and reliable
• Excellent communication and English language skills
• Able to work independently, without supervision
• Experience of working in a customer facing role, at an event, or in a similar environment
• Working within the stock room environments to ensure sufficient flow of product to shop floors
• Assisting with intake of deliveries
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to a supervisor
Values and Behaviours
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
• Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
• Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
• Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
• Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
• Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
• Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process.
Please click here for the full job profile
All applications should include a CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations for this role