Marylebone Cricket Club (the Club) is the world’s most active cricket club, custodian of the laws of cricket and is also the owner of Lord’s Ground, affectionately known as the “Home of Cricket”. The MCC and Lord’s brands are renowned worldwide and are synonymous with excellence, prestige and providing an enjoyable customer experience, whether at an international cricket match with 28,500 spectators, or for Sunday Afternoon Tea
in the Long Room.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Graphic Designer to support the in-house Design Team, which services a wide range of departments around the Club. This role’s primary focus involves collectively keeping the MCC, Lord’s and Middlesex Cricket brands best in class with the delivery of inspiring creative solutions across different platforms, including: print, digital & social (with motion), large-format print, publication layout and typesetting, signage and packaging. The role requires overseeing the production of internally printed scorecards for all major matches.
The role’s responsibility will include creative and time management of the Graphic Designers within the department; project management and project lead responsibilities and the management of external agencies.
The successful candidate will be ambitious, customer focused, a great communicator, and are able to articulate their ideas effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders across the Club.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about design, with ambition and aptitude to apply new creative ideas in print and digital communications
- Experience in a similar role, suiting someone seeking an opportunity to work for an iconic sporting brand
- Ability to develop strong concepts, present ideas to stakeholders and justify decision making
- Skill set to include typography and strong understanding of layout typesetting for long format publications (print and digital).
- Being responsible for the correct implementation of brand style across all collateral
- Clear understanding of brands and their values, communicating this through design
- High level of dedication and pride in work, with willingness to learn and evolve creatively
- Good literacy and communication skills
- Willingness to undertake other related or appropriate tasks as requested, being flexible in working hours.
- An excellent understanding of print processes, and experience in ordering and liaising with print suppliers.
- A good understanding of technology as a communication platform, their abilities, constraints, and aptitude to work creatively within the digital space
- Ability to work independently, with direction, or collaboratively
Qualifications and IT Skills
- Degree or diploma in a Design-related course or ability to demonstrate proficiency through significant employment experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Good working of knowledge prestation software (PowerPoint/Keynote/Google Slides)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Mac Operating Systems and ability to maintain good working practices through effective file management and storage
- An interest in sport and a good understanding of Cricket
- Illustration skills both in a traditional and digital space, with experience using a Wacom tablet advantageous
VALUES AND BEHVAIORS
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
Please click here for the full job profile
Please submit your CV, your design portfolio or link to portfolio website, and a covering letter –stating salary expectations, for the attention of Jemma O’Leary, HR Manager