Lord’s Ground, the most famous cricket ground in the world, and owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). Lord’s is renowned worldwide for staging domestic and international cricket matches with up to 30,000 spectators in attendance. Lord’s is also an exceptional venue with a wealth of experience in delivering high quality service to all of its customers.
A hands-on position has become available in the Technology Department to lead the IT team, responsible for all aspect of IT from service desk to network and infrastructure.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for the day to day management of the back office systems. The incumbent will lead a team to ensure the reliable and fast provision of the platform for business applications and PCs.
Experienced and talented with deep experience of VMware, Cisco and Microsoft, this role will focus on the designs for new projects, producing design artefacts, tackling challenging technical problems and developing new technology skills.
The role will be tasked with the important role of monitoring and scaling the platform and ensuring the systems are all running efficiently, as you will be in charge of the design of the platform.
Responsible for automatically building a number of new environments within the cloud to support a large development projects. The candidate must have an infrastructure architecture background, or be an application architect with infrastructure knowledge, have good communication skills and be a proactive self-starter.
Required skills and experience
- Experience of running mission critical systems with high availability.
- Experience of proactive customer management is essential.
- Ability to understand the wider business and the impacts of system failure.
- Significant proactive Infrastructure Vendor Management
- Strong experience of working with Enterprise technology and software.
- Strong advocate for Cloud based services & systems.
- System migration project experience.
- Project Management understanding or awareness of Project Management lifecycle.
- Understanding of software systems architecture.
- Strong Team Management and leadership
- Technical experience of the following technologies at Enterprise level: Networking L2/L3, AWS, O365, Security – USM/IDS, VMware, Windows, RMM/Endpoint management.
- Flexible approach to working and used to working under pressure, delivery of highly accurate designs with tight timescales
- Experience within a security sensitive or established brand environment
- Certifications such as: MSCE/MCITP, CCNA/CCDA
- Demonstrable experience of VMware administration and management
- Clear thinking with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to mentor and guide other members of the team
- Significant experience in in solving business problems through delivering value added technical solutions with an excellent breadth of thinking, able to provide pragmatic solutions that consider all relevant constraints whether technical, financial, organisational, risk, or capability based.
Values and behaviours
In line with the Club’s Values, you will demonstrate:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
Please click here for the full job profile.
Applications shoudl include a CV and covering letter which details salary expectations for the role.