Lord’s Ground, the most famous cricket ground in the world, and owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). Lord’s is renowned worldwide for staging domestic and international cricket matches with up to 30,000 spectators in attendance. Lord’s is also an exceptional venue with a wealth of experience in delivering high quality service to all of its customers.
An opportunity has arisen in the Technology Department to cover maternity leave for the Technology Programme Manager. The main objective of the role is to lead the Technology Projects team and work closely with in-house teams as well as external vendors to deliver high quality technology solutions throughout MCC, specifically aimed at enhancing the experience for members and fans, driving revenue and improving the efficiency of the organisation.
The Technology Programme Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, and reporting of all projects that make up the MCC technology programme of work and will play a key role in the development and implementation of a number of technology systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- To lead the Project team, to act as a valuable business partner for all projects that contain a technology facet.
- To plan, co-ordinate, monitor and report on all technology projects.
- To ensure that projects are managed successfully from idea to post-delivery review, and that the end result meets the business need whilst adhering to Club standards for systems design and quality and budgetary constraints.
- To understand business needs in order to derive the optimal solution that fits both their needs and the broader needs of the club.
- To hunt down process and administrative inefficiencies and seek to automate these through the use of technology
- To monitor existing and emerging technologies with a considered eye for how they could deliver value to the club.
- To support the business sponsor when working with 3rd parties to ensure the best value product is selected and effectively configured for the needs. This involves negotiating strongly on behalf of the club.
Values and Behaviours
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Please click here for the full job profile.
All applications should include a CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations for this role.