You can now submit entries for the Wisden – MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year competition.
The contest was launched in 2010, and is open to all photographers, amateur or professional, from across the world. It remains free to enter, with the only stipulations that entries must have been taken during the year of the competition, and have a cricketing theme.
The competition mirrors MCC’s desire to promote cricket at all levels, and last year there were around 450 entries. These ranged from images of top international players to games of cricket in the back alleys of Bangladesh and India.
Shortlist & Prizes:
A shortlist of eleven entries will initially be chosen, from which a winner and two runners-up will be announced. First prize will be awarded £2000, two runners-up will each receive £1000, and the eight other shortlisted entries will get £250 each.
In addition to the cash prizes, the top three photographs will feature in the 2019 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, and all of the shortlisted entries will be exhibited at Lord’s throughout next year. The top three will also receive their own copy of the Wisden Almanack.
Please read the Terms & Conditions before entering.
How to enter:
- Each entrant may submit up to three different photographs taken between January 1 and December 31 2018 via the online entry form below. There is no fee for entering.
- Each image must be submitted individually and the file named with your family name and numbered 1, 2 or 3 – e.g. YOURNAME_1, YOURNAME_2, YOURNAME_3
- Each image must be a minimum of 1MB is limited to 9MB.
- Full caption details must also be supplied for each photograph, including the location and date on which it was taken.
- The competition is open for entries from Friday 6th October 2017 and the closing date is 23:59 GMT on Friday 5th January 2019.
The winning images for 2018 will be selected by a panel of independent expert judges appointed by Wisden and MCC, and headed by former Chief Sports Photographer for The Sunday Times, Chris Smith.
View the full judging panel.