We are seeking an experienced Building Fabric Technician with a proven track record of maintaining estates buildings and facilities preferably – but not essentially – of a sport stadia/ Heritage facility/ venue. Primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Lord’s Pavilion, including carrying out the annual painting programme and general handy person duties. Positive, driven and a natural collaborator, you will possess excellent communication skills with the intellectual confidence to succeed in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Building Service Manager, you will be member of the Estates Department responsible for continuing to deliver exceptional service at Lord’s, focussed on enhancing Members and spectators’ experience and be part of the team that will deliver £200m of ground development projects over the next 12 years.
MCC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, and or other legally protected status. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in a covering email/letter.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Painting and decorating and general handy person biased with a good understanding of general building services.
- Knowledge and experience of planned and reactive maintenance operations.
- Understanding of Health and Safety.
- Self-management, planning and organisational ability.
- Relationship building and Customer Service.
- Communication skills and ability to pass on information.
- Flexibility in approach, style and working hours.
- Reliability and commitment to continual improvement.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Approachable, friendly, and sensitive to business needs within a world-renowned sporting venue.
- Empathy with private Members’ Club culture.
- No formal qualification is required for this role.
Full details can be found within the Job Profile via this LINK
Skills and ability testing may form part of the selection process. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the interview/section process, please mention this in a covering email/letter.
Please submit your CV and a covering email/letter, stating salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date: 13:00 on Friday 9th February 2024