With the project to replace the Compton and Edrich stands at the Nursery Ground now underway, here’s a summary of what to expect at matches in September.
Access to Lord's
- Entry for all spectators will be via the Grace Gate on St. John’s Wood Road only.
- There is no access to the Nursery End from the Pavilion End, with access routes closed to the east of the Grand and Mound stands.
- The North Gate is open for access to the MCC Cricket Academy and ECB Offices only, and at the direction of stewards and security staff.
- Tickets will continue to be sold from the North Gate sales points as well as the windows next to the Grace Gate on St. John’s Wood Road
Inside the Ground
- Lord’s Shop has taken up a temporary position next to the Grace Gate. Scorecards will also be available from this location.
- MCC’s Groundsmen have also been relocated, together with their equipment, meaning there will be no access for spectators to the gap between the Allen Stand and the Pavilion.
During the Match
- Hoarding has been erected on the Main Ground at the Nursery End, to enable works to continue whilst play is in progress. The hoarding will double as a sight-screen.
- The scoreboards above the Allen and Edrich stands will be in operation, but the scoreboard above the Compton Stand has been decommissioned.
The project will be undertaken over two winters, with the new stands available on a seating-only basis next summer (when access routes around the Ground will be restored) and all facilities fitted out the following winter in readiness for the 2021 season.