MCC is committed to ensuring that cricket is a game for all, and that Lord’s is a Ground where everyone feels welcome.
These are the guiding principles which inform our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Plan for 2022-23.
The document sets out our EDI plans over the next two years and it has been produced following publication of our first MCC Environmental, Social and Governance report, Building A Sustainable Future.
Our EDI objectives cover six broad areas of activity, with an associated range of actions and initiatives:
- INSIGHT: to listen to and learn from our stakeholders and the wider cricketing community to ensure MCC and Lord’s are welcoming to a broad range of audiences
- EDUCATION: to share knowledge and help our audiences to understand how to play their part in ensuring MCC is a Club built on fairness and respect
- COMMUNICATION: to communicate effectively to all audiences, explaining our plans and reporting progress
- PATHWAY: to enable more players, Members and staff from a variety of backgrounds to be part of MCC
- ENVIRONMENT: to make the environment at Lord’s welcoming to all audiences
- ACCOUNTABILITY: to have effective measures and processes in place for incident reporting, investigation and action.
We want MCC to be an organisation that welcomes all manner of lifestyles and perspectives, that embraces diversity and fosters inclusion. As a Club we are committed to delivering these progressive plans to ensure that Lord’s is accessible to all.
Click here to read the EDI plan in full. For a print friendly version, please click here.